Terms and Conditions
*B FLET'S Hyper Family Type is closed to new applications as of Sunday, April 1, 2012 (excluding areas where B FLET'S is available through local government incentives). FLET'S HIKARI NEXT, which replaces it, will continue to be available for application.We need to check your residential area address to see whether we offer our service to you in that area. Please call us to get this confirmed first. Read here for how to apply.
You may have to wait to use the service or you may not be able to use the service depending on the status of our equipment.
♦ Transmission speedUp to 100Mbps *
- Hyper Family Type Up to 100Mbps
- Mansion Type Up to 100Mbps (10Mbps when PNA device is used)
* "Up to 100 Mbps" indicates the maximum value, based on technical standards, on the access section between the NTT EAST local switch and the optical network unit (ONU) installed at the subscriber's residence. The actual Internet connection speed at the subscriber's residence may be lower depending on factors such as the subscriber's usage environment, line congestion, and, in the case of a multi-unit, the transmission method used in the building.
♦ Number of terminals that can be connectedThe number of independent terminals that can be connected by 1 subscriber line (When a number of terminals are installed in the LAN in offices and LAN in a residence)
Hyper Family Type 5 terminals or less
Mansion Type 5 terminals or less
♦ Period before you start using the serviceThe period before you can start using the service differs depending on your usage location and the status of our equipment.
♦ User interfaceThe user interface is 10Base-T/100Base-TX. It is necessary to provide the Ethernet interface (LAN card etc.) in the terminal such as a PC. (You will have to provide the LAN interface needed in your terminal, on your own.)
The protocol used is PPPoE. The PPPoE driver software will be delivered to you by mail etc. before the date of installation decided for you. If you are using "Mac OS X" as the OS in your PC, use the PPPoE function that is usually installed in the OS. (You can also arrange for the PPPoE software or the router corresponding to the PPPoE on your own. For inquiries concerning the settings etc., contact the source from where the software was obtained or refer to the manual that is given along with the product.)
♦ Contract between the customer and providerFor internet use a separate contract is required to start this service.(Separate monthly charges will apply.) Please note that the provider will be different for each service option. Please contact us for details.
- A check of equipment may be made for the optical subscriber's line installation before the actual equipment is set up. The results of the check may mean "B FLET'S" is unavailable.
- Installation of piping and equipment in the customer's building may be required when setting up the subscriber's optical line. Customers will be required to organize this installation work themselves. If the building is an apartment or tenanted building, permission from the apartment or building owner, or board of owners association will be required for installation work, use and setting up of shared equipment. The service may not be available if installation of shared equipment proves difficult in certain Mansion Type.
- The subscriber's service may be temporarily interrupted due to maintenance and servicing of our own equipment and facilities.
- Signal speed may drop or be unusable for Mansion Type VDSL Systems due to the condition of equipment in apartment buildings, interference from other installed lines, or the customer's actual equipment affecting the DSL system.
♦ Precautions for useRead carefully before applying for the service
- The calculation period for charges for this service is from the 1st day to the last day of every month. If the subscriber requests a cancellation of the service during this calculation period, an invoice for payment will be sent based on a daily rate for the period that the service was actually used.
- A contract with internet service providers, or the purchase of equipment such as a LAN card, may be required to use this service. Charges in these cases will be borne by the subscriber.
- The line subscribed to with the service cannot be used as a line for telephones or other equipment.
[Hyper Family Type]The Optical Network Unit can only be installed indoors. A power supply (AC 100 V) is also required.
[Mansion Type]The Optical Network Unit can only be installed indoors. A power supply (AC 100 V) is also required.
If a VDSL devce is being used for the Mansion Type plan, separate installation wiring may be required to use the automatic reporting feature of gas leaks, or automatic meter reading or remote control services for electricity, gas or water services. Contact the service provider in your contract for more information.